Doyles Construction Lawyers (DCL) is committed to protecting personal information held by us in accordance with the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Kinds of personal information that we collect and hold
Personal information is an information or opinion that identifies you, or could reasonably identify you, such as your name or address. Sensitive information is a type of personal information, as defined by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
DCL collects and holds your personal information which amongst other things, may include your:
- Email address
- Phone and/or mobile number
- Your business and/or profession
- Your jurisdiction
How we collect and hold personal information
We collect personal information by lawful and fair means and personal information may be collected from you, our customers, business contacts and other third parties with whom we deal. We collect information as reasonably necessary to undertake or promote our business activities, including to undertake our transactions with you.
DCL collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide our services or those of our associates, products and/or goods to you or at your direction
- to allow third party providers to provide services to you on our behalf or at our direction
- to interact and correspond with you and/or your organisation
- to develop and maintain our relationship with you and/or your organisation
- to manage our business
- to maintain our business records
- to provide you with information about our services, products and/or goods
- any purpose required or permitted by law, or to which you have consented, or to which we would reasonably expect you to approve
We may collect your personal information when:
- you use our website
- you use our services, products and/or goods or
- we provide our services, products and/or goods to you or your organisation
- when we interact with you by any means, including by phone, email, social media or face-to-face interactions
- when you sign up and/or agree to use or purchase our services, products and/or goods, either via our website, email, or by any other means
- when you log into our website, or transact or use your DCL account or profile, or complete online forms on our website
- when you provide goods, products or services to DCL
- through your business arrangements with DCL including, but not limited to, attending our online or in-person seminars or workshops
Personal information may be recorded and held by DCL electronically (in various formats) or in hard copy.
You have the option to remain anonymous or use a pseudonym in your dealings with us, however, please be aware that this may affect our ability to provide our services, products and goods to you.
DCL’s use and disclosure of personal information
DCL may use personal information to contact you and provide you with information about our products, services, goods and/or business that may be of interest to you or be relevant to your purchases or dealings with us, which may include marketing information. We may contact you via email, SMS, social media or by post.
DCL and may disclose your personal information to third parties that assist DCL in providing its services, products and/or goods, including (but not limited to):
- IT and technical service providers
- Other service providers such as financial institutions, insurers, administrative support providers
- Our professional advisers, such as lawyers, accountants and auditors
- Government authorities, regulators and law enforcement authorities
- Your agents and representatives.
DCL has operations and suppliers in various locations across the globe, and so your personal information may be collected, stored, used or disclosed outside of Australia, including in the UK or USA. Your personal information may be stored on technology servers outside of Australia, including in the UK or USA, which may be owned by either DCL or its IT, data storage or technical service providers. DCL also may utilise the services and data storage capabilities of cloud storage service providers, and so accordingly, your personal information may be stored in various countries.
DCL may disclose your information as required or permitted by relevant law.
How you can access, correct, or make a complaint about the handling of, your personal information
In the event that you wish to access, correct or make a complaint about the handling of your personal information by DCL please mark correspondence to the attention of our Privacy Officer, and forward the same to: Level 13, 111 Elizabeth Street, Sydney NSW 2000 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.