Accounting for 19% of Australia’s population, Brisbane is one of the economic engines of the country and is known all over as one of the most livable cities in the world.
With a population of 2.42 million in 2017, Brisbane recorded modest growth in the property market but forecasts are positive as many people from New South Wales and Victoria are choosing to move to Queensland, especially to Brisbane, because of its lifestyle and affordability.
Over 5,000 townhouses are to be constructed starting this year and a lot of other residential projects are being initiated.
With this surge in construction projects, disputes between homeowners and builders or contractors also take place. From the start of the project until its completion, there are a lot of situations that could lead to disputes. So what do you do when you’re in that situation? Well, it’s always a good idea to rely on the expertise of construction dispute resolution specialists.
DOYLES CONSTRUCTION LAWYERS
Doyles Construction Lawyers are trusted construction lawyers in Brisbane with years of experience assisting various clients from all over the industry.
We can assist clients in every stage of the construction process — from project planning to contract development to project completion, maintenance and management.
Coming from multidisciplinary backgrounds, our people are well-experienced and equipped to assist you in these areas:
- Contract Documentation – Doyles Construction Lawyers provide expert construction contract advice and documentation. We can help you develop customised, individualised or specialised contracts to suit all your business needs. Avoid protracted disputes, liability claims and more by taking advantage of our contract documentation services.
- Construction Negotiation – When it comes to construction projects there is a lot on the line for all concerned parties. In many cases, all it takes is a bit of miscommunication to produce disputes that quickly take on a life of their own. The team at Doyles are skilled construction industry negotiators with a record of diffusing potentially volatile situations.
- Dispute Resolution – Disputes happen. The important thing for the future of your business is how you respond. In most cases, it makes no sense to dig in one’s heels and adopt a “See you in court” attitude. The wiser course of action is to take advantage of our negotiating prowess to resolve disputes before they get out of hand.
- Payment Claims – Payment disputes take two basic forms: either the construction company does not get paid for services rendered, or the customer feels services were not properly rendered and so withholds payment. In either case, the team at Doyles can assist in enforcing court-ordered payments, negotiate settlements or protect you from unjustified claims.
- Urgent Legal Advice – If a dispute has suddenly arisen regarding a construction contract or there is another issue that calls for urgent legal advice the team at Doyles Construction Lawyers stand ready to help. Don’t let an 11th-hour dispute derail your construction project. Contact the team at Doyles and get things back on track in a hurry.
When to Call for a Construction Lawyer
- When lawsuits are involved – Whether you are suing someone or being sued contact the team at Doyles before doing anything else.
- When someone’s been injured – It’s imperative to respond to construction accident claims in a timely and effective fashion lest they spiral out of control.
- To implement contractual actions – Terminating a contract? Contact the team at Doyles to ensure an incident-free termination.
- Defend against claims of defective work – This type of claim is all-too-common. With our deep and specialised experience, we can help diffuse the situation.
DOYLES CONSTRUCTION LAWYERS – BRISBANE OFFICE
95 North Quay,
Phone: (07) 3034 3333